2019 Honda CB500F
European ABS Model Shown
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
All-Around Awesome: The New CB500F.
The CB500F occupies a unique spot in our lineup: an aggressively-styled streetfighter that's a great choice for a wide range of riders. And for 2019, the CB500F is better than ever.
We took this awesome all-rounder and gave it more power, more style, a nicer sound, and a whole bunch of other functional upgrades. What didn't change is this bike's mission: to put a new generation of riders on one of the best street machines possible, with some of the widest range of opportunities. The new CB500F isn't a bike that forces you into a mold—it's a blank canvas that lets you paint your own picture of motorcycling.
So check it out in person at your Honda Dealer. Because you won't realize how right this bike is until you sit on one or—even better—ride one for yourself.
- LED Headlight: The CB500F's new dual-lens LED headlight gives the front end a cutting-edge look and also projects plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: A new, modern, easy-to-read LCD screen features digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500F's Y-spoke cast-aluminum wheels are easy to keep clean, look great, and are another CB500F feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Less is more when it comes to the CB500F. With its lean, progressive style, the CB500F is a motorcycle that looks great while still providing incredible value and performance. New for 2019: check out the Grand Prix Red with updated graphics and matte silver panels.
- Step Seat: The CB500F offers a step seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or out in the canyons, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle's frame is the basis for its handling. Stronger and lighter, the CB500F's diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500F's engine is one of our best ever. With increased low-end horsepower and torque this year, the parallel-twin offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, nine-stage preload, and 4.7 inches of travel give you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling. For 2019, the CB500F also gets a new shock with larger-diameter internals for a better ride.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS): Available ABS on the CB500F helps you make smoother, more controlled stops under less-than-ideal conditions.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): New injectors on the 2019 CB500F are part of the reason the bike makes more power in the critical 3000-7000 RPM range. The bike's PGM-FI continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm disc brake and 240mm rear feature drilled, petal-style rotors that provide strong stopping power.
- Passenger Handholds: Sturdy passenger handholds provide security for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- New Exhaust: The CB500F's compact exhaust system gets a new, twin-outlet muffler and larger-diameter pipes this year, for better power and an even more pleasing exhaust note.
- Slipper/Assist Clutch: A new slipper/assist clutch lets us lighten up the clutch-lever effort by 45 percent, but automatically locks up tight when you release it.
- Smoother Transmission: Our engineers reprofiled the shift dogs in the transmission to help you get smoother shifts every time. You'll never see these parts, but you'll feel their effects.
- Engine Type: 471cc Liquid-Cooled Parallel-Twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70R-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17 radial
- Rake: 25.5 degrees
- Trail: 102mm (4.0 inches)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Seat Height: 30.9 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Curb Weight: 415 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel - ready to ride)
- Model ID: CB500F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Grand Prix Red
- One Year Included: Transferable, unlimited-mileage, limited warranty
- Optional Extended: Extended coverage available with a HondaCare Protection Plan®
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0mm x 66.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70R-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-17 radial
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 102mm (4.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 415 lb.
- Grand Prix Red
- One Year Included Transferable, unlimited-mileage, limited warranty