Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Harley-Davidson® STREET GLIDE SPECIAL
STREET GLIDE SPECIAL
Do you want plush, top-end touring technology and infotainment or unruly stripped down bagger style? We vote yes.
- Made better than ever: You’re looking at the answer to the question, how do you fully load a touring bike with premium features and still roll with the stripped down bagger look? Check inside the sleek batwing fairing and you’ll get an idea. You're looking at the top-of-the-line 6.5 inch touchscreen infotainment system and BOOM!™ Box 6.5 GT audio system. Then check out the details: color matched fairing skirt, 19-inch Enforcer front wheel, custom rear taillight and fascia. The list goes on. Yeah, it’s stripped down. But the Street Glide® Special is loaded.
- Engine Heritage: Their iconic look, distinctive sound and massive torque make them instantly recognizable, but the Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engines take the Harley-Davidson® V-Twin to a place it’s never been. They’re the most powerful, coolest-running motors we’ve ever built. Smoother, stronger and more durable. With crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counter-balanced and rubber mounted. Developed and proven over countless miles and millions of hours. Every single part is new, engineered to give you more performance and more of the feeling you want from an engine. Today, it’s a whole new ride.
- Control: There’s no bigger factor in the quality of your ride than the confidence you have in your machine. Giving you more of it is our never-ending quest. For proof just look at the improvements made over the past few years. The quick throttle response and passing power of the all-new Milwaukee Eight™ engine, the responsive handling of the all-new dual bending valve front suspension and easily-adjustable emulsion rear shocks, the massive stopping power of Reflex® dual disc linked Brembo® brakes with ABS, Dual Halogen headlamps, brighter turn signals and brake lights, the beefy steering head and front forks. It all makes for a machine that lets you pass faster, stop quicker, take curves tighter, and see and be seen better. Long story short, it all adds up to make you a better rider.
- Infotainment: When we go to work on the infotainment system for a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle we follow one simple principle. If you’re going to live in the saddle of a top-end touring bike, you deserve better sound than most people have in their living rooms. More sound. Purer sound. Big, full-color touch screens. Switches that are located where you intuitively want them to be and can reach without removing your hands from the grips. Voice activation for your music, phone and GPS. Think of it this way. Back in the day there was nothing wrong with the sound of Johnny crackling out of a dashboard Philco. But what the latest infotainment systems do for your ears, and eyes, is infinitely better.
- Feel: Starting decades ago, when early riders bolted plastic windshields to their machines and began crisscrossing the country, the Harley-Davidson® touring motorcycle has already gone places no one could have imagined at the beginning. But we never stop working, or riding, to discover what comes next. We get in the saddle for countless miles, experiencing every condition Mother Nature can throw at us. We talk to riders all over the world. Then we put all the learnings to use. When you feel the ride on a new Harley® touring motorcycle, you’ll understand why there is no substitute for the way we design and build motorcycles. From the response of the Milwaukee- Eight™ engine to the smooth airflow, passenger space, seat textures, ergonomic hand controls, and everything else a rider or passenger can feel out there, it’s all dialed in. Hit the road and do a little country crisscrossing of your own. You’ll come back with a smile.
- Style: When we set out to design a Harley-Davidson® touring machine, you know we’re aiming high. These are not just motorcycles, they’re part of the American landscape. There’s a standard to uphold. Through all the miles of testing, and the countless hours we endure to improve the way a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle works and feels, we never take our eyes off the other thing that separates a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle from any other motorcycle on the road: The Look. For example, check out the new Milwaukee-Eight™ engine mounted in the touring frame. We put as much work into making it look like a piece of mechanical art as we put into making it deliver more power, sound better and run cooler. Let your eyes take a slow ride over the rest of the machine. You see classic Harley-Davidson style and a sleek modern look come through at the same time. As up-to-date as the weather report. As timeless as the road is endless.
- The All-New Milwaukee-Eight™ Engine: The sound of the Harley-Davidson® 45-degree V-Twin rings through the history of motorcycling in an unbroken line stretching back to 1909. Each one improving on the one before it. Iconic. Durable. Unmistakable in their sound. Unparalleled in their muscular look. Unmatched in the feeling they deliver to the rider. And now we’re proud to introduce the most powerful Harley-Davidson engines ever built: The all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 and Milwaukee-Eight™ 114 engines. The next generation Harley-Davidson® V-Twin comes to our touring line. The next era of power, performance and innovation has been forged.
- Steering Head and Front Forks: Whether it’s a big sweeping curve or a set of tight turns, getting through the corners just got better. The responsiveness is dialed in. Plus a steering damper controls feedback from the road. So when you're out with your bagger buddies, you'll stay right at the front of the pack.
- Dual Halogen Headlight: When the sun goes low, the amount of road you have your eyes trained on stays high. Boasting a higher quality of light than previous models courtesy of a darkness-defying 986 lumens, the dual halogen headlight ensures you’ll have no trouble seeing everything out there that needs to be seen.
- All-New Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 Engine: At the heart of the Harley-Davidson® touring line this year, you find the most powerful, coolest-running engines we’ve ever built. The Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 V-Twin is smoother, stronger and durable. With crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counter-balanced and rubber mounted. Developed and proven over countless miles and millions of hours. Not a single mechanical part remains from the Twin Cam engine that preceded them. Today, it’s a whole new ride.
- Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 Engine Overview: Here are eight ways the new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine gives you a better ride: More Power- Bigger cylinders, four-valve cylinder heads and dual spark plugs deliver 10% more torque and more power throughout the rev range with no net weight gain; Better Fuel Economy- The power comes with improved fuel economy to give you more out of every tank of gas; Heat Management- Precision oil or water cooling for cooler running and consistent performance, from stop-and-go traffic to highway speeds; More Passenger Comfort- Positions for the rear exhaust pipe and catalytic converters provide a more comfortable ride; More Charging Power- A charging system with 50% more power at idle to make easy work of the demands modern touring features put on an electrical system; Smoother Running- The counter-balancing system, rubber mounts, lower idle speed and dual knock sensors for more precise timing control and smoother running from idle to top gear; Less Maintenance-The valve train requires no adjustment no matter how many years or miles you ride; Narrow Primary- The narrower primary drive gives your left foot a straighter, easier reach to the ground, for an easier lift off and more control at stoplights. (Compared to 2016 Touring models. Compared to 2016 models. Based on estimates from laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by EPA, not during on road riding. Actual mileage and fuel economy will vary depending on bike model and configuration, how you ride/maintain your bike, road conditions, and other factors.)
- Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ Tires: The 180mm back tire is engineered to do more than fill out the rear fender and put a bigger patch of rubber on the road. Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ technology uses harder compounds at the center and softer on the sides for a tire that still knows how to knuckle down on corners. Perfect for making this bike agile on every curvy stretch of road. And the way it feels going through an abrupt off-camber turn will put a grin on your face that'll last to the next state line.
- Reflex™ Linked Brembo® Brakes with ABS: No doubt about it, there are times when you need to haul things down in a hurry. And you don’t get to pick those times. Or decide whether or not they occur when you’re on a flat, smooth, dry, perfect stretch of pavement. That’s why our touring models feature the Reflex™ Linked Brembo® Brakes with ABS. ABS turns a locked-up front wheel or a rear wheel skid into a relic from riding’s history. And the front and rear brakes are electronically linked to provide exactly the right amount of brake to each tire no matter what the road condition is. No matter how good you are, this will make you a better rider.
- All-New Front and Rear Suspension: We matched the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ engines in our touring line this year with a totally re-engineered dual bending valve front and rear suspension with easily-adjustable emulsion shocks. It's lowered one inch to give you more comfort, more control and more confidence in your handling. New rear shocks give you 15 to 30% more pre-load. They adjust with the turn of a single knob, no tools required. New, bigger pistons have more area than before for improved damping performance over the range of the suspension travel. This new fork technology improves the ride, especially over the harshest bumps, and reacts faster to keep the wheel planted for confident braking and handling.* *Compared to the 2016 Touring Model engines
- Standard Battery Charging Harness: No question a battery charging harness is a must-have on a motorcycle. Now it’s standard. So you don’t have to waste even the ten minutes it takes to install one on some sunny Saturday when you could be riding.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. And the Isolated Drive System makes acceleration flow in a smooth, steady stream from your wrist right down to the pavement. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Jukebox with USB Port for iPod/iPhone: The Jukebox opens with one touch of a button and includes a USB connection which accepts your iPhone, iTouch, non-iPod imitators, and SD card and other USB compatible devices. Pop it open, plug in and your device becomes a part of your motorcycle. Ready to be operated by voice command or hand controls.
- Boom!™ Box 6.5GT Radio: Let’s start with this. The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT Radio puts out 25 watts per channel at 1% distortion and features a factory-tuned, optimized equalizer that pumps out more power and can be played louder while maintaining the clarity of your sound. And the speed tuning system delivers more than just volume changes at different speeds. It changes the level of bass and treble to dial in the best sound, whether you’re running at a stately pace down the strip or going hell for leather down an open stretch of road. How do you like the sound of a Harley® motorcycle?
- 5.25-inch Speakers: The sound delivered to your ride comes from 5.25-inch speakers mounted securely in sealed and tuned enclosed speaker housings.
- 6.5-inch Full Color Touch Screen Display: This 6.5-inch full-color touch screen puts all your information in front of you bigger than ever. Modern graphics, colors you can dial in, and auto and manual dim. Designed to sit stylishly inside your fairing, it takes screen technology to an eye-popping level of Harley-Davidson functionality. This is more than you expect, but when you’re going all the way, it’s everything you deserve.
- Ready For Your Upgrades: The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT was built with your personal touches in mind. You can integrate P & A satellite radio right into the vehicle radio with no external mounting and control it through the hand controls. Additional satellite services such as weather and traffic can be added and overplayed on the GPS maps. You can even download map upgrades and additional functions. The only question is, how far do you want to go?
- Two-Up Seating: Modern styling and comfort that doesn't sacrifice an ounce of nostalgic style: this ultimate Touring saddle features a sculpted seat with a deeper contoured bucket and narrower neck, to relieve pressure on your thighs, while providing more back support and comfort for a wide variety of rider sizes. And the lower seat height—26.1 inches to be exact—puts your feet closer to the road to enhance your confidence. Additionally, the leather trim and premium stitching accentuate the advanced ergonomics while giving the seat that sharp detail you only find on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. It's science in service of comfort, and your way to beat fatigue over the long haul.
- Fairing Reduces Head Buffeting: This is what the science of cheating the wind involves at Harley-Davidson now: fluid mechanics, algorithms, high-speed super computers and thousands upon thousands of wind-tunnel tests with riders in the saddle telling us how it feels. And that’s before we take it out on the road for thousands of miles of real world wind gusts and every form of rain a cloud can spit out. The result: a Batwing fairing that delivers smoother air flow and reduced head buffeting. Most of it thanks to the pressure-equalizing duct on the front. It opens and closes with one touch of a button. The feeling of being in the wind just got even better.
- Wide Set Handlebar: Classic style and maximum comfort. That's the perfect balance of the wide set handlebars that come standard on the Street Glide® Special model. They're designed to keep you comfortably propped in a commanding position while making sure your neck muscles stay calm and relaxed mile after mile, state after state. Durable stainless steel ensures the structural rigidity you expect from a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle with the deep, lustrous finish you desire.
- One-Touch Design Philosophy: Here’s the rule we laid down for every compartment cover and saddlebag lid on our touring line: if it doesn’t open with the single touch of a button or one hand, while wearing gloves, it doesn’t go on the motorcycle. Because in all our conversations with riders, we've never encountered a single individual who wanted to have to put something on the ground before he could store it in a saddlebag.
- Saddlebag Design: Don’t let the sleek look of these saddlebags deceive you. The look is tight on the outside, but things are roomy on the inside. You want storage and these deliver bigger than ever. The hinges are simple and clean and the lids open with one touch of one hand. The lock is tight and integrated into the latch where you can put the key in without the danger of scratching your premium paint. Welcome to the next level of the bagger.
- High Output Accessory Connector: Touring means maximum comfort in all conditions and the capacity to add whatever enhances and personalizes your ride. The high output charging system provides an electrical capacity robust enough for your add-ons: heated vests, heated seats, heated handgrips, lights to showcase the engine, you name it. So if you're hell-bent on two-wheeling it, we make sure you've got the juice to do it your way.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: You can identify the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine from 25 feet away. The racing scoop style of the air cleaner is all it takes to see that this is the new Harley-Davidson power plant. But when you look a little closer, you’ll notice that the things that are good about the authentic, air-cooled look of the Harley-Davidson® V-Twin are alive and well. It’s a jewel machined out of metal, head-heavy and narrow at the waist. Finned cylinders, of course. Pure. Dripping with power. The engine is the visual center piece of the bike. This one makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what’s right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Fairing, Saddlebag and Front Fender Styling: Let’s start with this: when you see the iconic shape of a Harley-Davidson® Street Glide® Batwing fairing coming at you down the road, it leaves no question that you’re looking at a machine born in Milwaukee and built for gigantic miles of road. But this is about moving forward. How do you maintain that iconic shape, yet give it a sleeker, more progressive style? The answer is right here. This Batwing fairing gives you less head buffeting (see comfort section for the full story on that) but also the look that instantly announces “Hey, this is a HARLEY-DAVIDSON® motorcycle." Of course, we didn’t stop at the fairing. The saddlebags got a sleeker look to match. And we worked over the front fender, too – with a clean look that’s cut back to expose more of the wheel and tire. It all comes together for a look that’s sleek and modern, yet instantly familiar. Welcome to the next generation of Harley-Davidson touring motorcycles.
- Inner Fairing Design: Put your eye to the inner fairing of the Street Glide® Special motorcycle. There’s a bigger display screen (see the whole story in the infotainment section). Check out the gauges: you’ll notice a 10 percent larger viewing area, with wider and taller numbers. The information gets bigger and better too. There’s a gear indicator for all six gears and the display area, which can now be operated by an extremely convenient trigger switch, puts more information at your fingertips. The temperature and fuel gauge are larger too. When you’re on the road, one quick glance tells you everything you need to know.
- Color-Matched Fairing Skirt: It wouldn't be a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle if we didn't sweat the details. Note the color-matched fairing skirt on the Street Glide® Special motorcycle this year. It's that little bit of extra attention in the design studio that gets a little bit of extra respect on the street.
- Classic Fuel Tank: Part of the unmistakable style of the Harley-Davidson® Street Glide® motorcycle is plenty of room for showing off your paint. This classically styled, bold six-gallon fuel tank doesn't just give you a bigger canvas for premium or custom paint; it holds six gallons of go so you can eat up a lot more road between pit stops. We know fuel economy is important—but so is style. Sharp, eye-catching colors and precision-crafted Harley-Davidson® tank medallions complete the unique look of this tough bagger.
- Tank and Fender Badges: This isn’t just a motorcycle. It’s a work of art, born out of passion, creativity and long days, late nights and refusing to be satisfied until every detail was perfect. When we added the signature, we did it with metal. Nothing else would be right on this masterpiece.
- Airbox and Insert: Our design philosophy can be summed up pretty simply: form follows function, but both report to emotion. This airbox is a prime example of that. Function? It lets the engine breathe better for more power, but it’s also designed to provide better airflow around the rider. Form? The design of the insert matches the tank panel. Emotion? That’s the part you feel when you look at it sitting right at the center of your V-Twin engine.
- Bullet Turn Signals: We went end to end and top to bottom to give the Harley-Davidson® Touring lineup the clean, tight, sharp, iconic look and feel that only befits the next generation of our motorcycles. The finishing touch – bullet turn signals. Sleek and modern, yet a timeless classic.
- Enforcer™ Front Wheel: There’s a 19” Enforcer front wheel leading the way on the Street Glide® Special motorcycle and a 16-inch Enforcer to match in the rear. The brake rotors have been designed to show off more of the premium custom look of the wheels. If you’re going to roll on two wheels, do it with class.
- Combination Rear Stop/Turn/Tail Lights: The last thing people see when you go by on the Street Glide® Special motorcycle is the clean, custom look of combination rear stop/turn/tail lights. You never get a second chance to make a last impression.
- Length: 95.4 in. (2,424 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.1 in. (664 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27 in. (687 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.8 in. (122 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 26
- Trail: 6.8 in. (170 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/60B19 61H
- Tires, Rear Specification: BW 180/65B16 81H
- Fuel Capacity: 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 5.2 qt. (4.9 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 793 lb. (360 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 830 lb. (377 kg)
- Luggage Capacity -Volume: 2.3 cu ft. (0.064 m3)
Infotainment (BOOM! Box™ 6.5GT)
- Size: 6.5 in. (165.1 mm)
- Type: Color
- Watts Per Channel: 25
- Speakers: 2
- Speaker Size: 5.25 in./6.5 in. - P&A Upgrade (133.35 mm/165.1 mm)
- Headset Specifications (if equipped): 16-64 ohms
- AM: Standard
- FM: Standard
- Weather Band (WB): Standard
- SD Card, Flash Drive and MP3 - via USB Connection: Supported
- Languages: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Hands-free Mobile Phone - via Bluetooth: P&A Upgrade, Headset connection required
- Voice Recognition Languages: Phone functions only: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and engine temperature): Standard
- Text-to-Speech (TTS) Languages: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- USB: USB/MTP/iPod/iPhone
- Bluetooth: Phone/Media Supported
- SiriusXM Presets: 20 - P&A Upgrade (USA & Canada only)
- Voice Recognition Languages: Tuner/Media/Navigation: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Engine: Milwaukee-Eight™ 107
- Bore: 3.937 in. (100 mm)
- Stroke: 4.375 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 107 cu in. (1,746 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.593
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.65
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.938
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.875
- Exhaust: Chrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Enforcer Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Enforcer Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 111.4 ft-lb (151 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 45 mpg (5.2 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional lights, low oil pressure, neutral, engine diagnostics, battery, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system, gear indication, low fuel warning, ABS, miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
- Gauges: Larger speedometer and tachometer with wide numbers; large fuel and volt gauges with wide numbers; display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty, clock and gear indicator; and larger telltale indicators
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Milwaukee-Eight™ 107
- 107 cu in. (1,746 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.937 in. (100 mm) x 4.375 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Rear Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Front Tire
- 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- BW 180/65B16 81H
- 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.1 in. (664 mm); Unladen: 27 in. (687 mm)
- 26 deg.
- 6.8 in. (170 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- 45 mpg (5.2 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 793 lb. (360 kg)
- 6 speed
- Vivid Black