Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Harley-Davidson® FLHR - ROAD KING (EF
FLHR - ROAD KING (EF
With this timeless combination of style and touring function you don’t just ride through the landscape, you’re the most majestic part of the scenery.
- Even your eyes can’t stop wandering on this machine: The Road King® is where stripped down, nostalgic style meets the performance and versatility of a modern Harley-Davidson® touring machine. The Hiawatha headlamp and nacelle was born in the 1960’s, when chrome ruled the streets. But the power of the all-new Milwaukee Eight™ 107 engine brings it all into the here and now in a hurry. The all-new dual bending valve front suspension and rear emulsion shocks put you in control for a plush ride. You also get cast aluminum impeller wheels and one-touch opening saddlebags. This is the timeless classic built for today.
- Engine Heritage: Their iconic look, distinctive sound and massive torque make them instantly recognizable, but the Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engines take the Harley-Davidson® V-Twin to a place it’s never been. They’re the most powerful, coolest-running motors we’ve ever built. Smoother, stronger and more durable. With crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counter-balanced and rubber mounted. Developed and proven over countless miles and millions of hours. Every single part is new, engineered to give you more performance and more of the feeling you want from an engine. Today, it’s a whole new ride.
- Control: There’s no bigger factor in the quality of your ride than the confidence you have in your machine. Giving you more of it is our never-ending quest. For proof just look at the improvements made over the past few years. The quick throttle response and passing power of the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ engine, the responsive handling of the all-new dual bending valve front suspension and easily-adjustable emulsion rear shocks, the massive stopping power of Reflex® dual disc linked Brembo® brakes with ABS, Dual Halogen headlamps and fog lamps, brighter turn signals and brake lights, the beefy steering head and front forks. It all makes for a machine that lets you pass faster, stop quicker, take curves tighter, and see and be seen better. Long story short, it all adds up to make you a better rider.
- Feel: Starting decades ago, when early riders bolted plastic windshields to their machines and began crisscrossing the country, the Harley-Davidson® touring motorcycle has already gone places no one could have imagined at the beginning. But we never stop working, or riding, to discover what comes next. We get in the saddle for countless miles, experiencing every condition Mother Nature can throw at us. We talk to riders all over the world. Then we put all the learnings to use. When you feel the ride on a new Harley® touring motorcycle, you’ll understand why there is no substitute for the way we design and build motorcycles. From the response of the Milwaukee-Eight™ engine to the smooth airflow, passenger space, seat textures, ergonomic hand controls, and everything else a rider or passenger can feel out there, it’s all dialed in. Hit the road and do a little country crisscrossing of your own. You’ll come back with a smile.
- Style: When we set out to design a Harley-Davidson® touring machine, you know we’re aiming high. These are not just motorcycles, they’re part of the American landscape. There’s a standard to uphold. Through all the miles of testing, and the countless hours we endure to improve the way a Harley-Davidson works and feels, we never take our eyes off the other thing that separates a Harley-Davidson from any other motorcycle on the road: The Look. For example, check out the new Milwaukee-Eight™ engine mounted in the touring frame. We put as much work into making it look like a piece of mechanical art as we put into making it deliver more power, sound better and run cooler. Let your eyes take a slow ride over the rest of the machine. You see classic Harley-Davidson style and a sleek modern look come through at the same time. As up-to-date as the weather report. As timeless as the road is endless.
- The All-New Milwaukee-Eight™ Engine: The sound of the Harley-Davidson® 45-degree V-Twin rings through the history of motorcycling in an unbroken line stretching back to 1909. Each one improving on the one before it. Iconic. Durable. Unmistakable in their sound. Unparalleled in their muscular look. Unmatched in the feeling they deliver to the rider. And now we’re proud to introduce the most powerful Harley-Davidson engines ever built: The all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 and Milwaukee-Eight™ 114 engines. The next generation Harley-Davidson® V-Twin comes to our touring line. The next era of power, performance and innovation has been forged.
- Dual Halogen Headlight and Fog Lamps: When the sun goes low, the amount of road you have your eyes trained on stays high. Sitting inside that classic Hiawatha nacelle, you have a dual halogen headlamp and halogen fog lamps to match. Boasting a higher quality of light than previous models courtesy of a darkness-defying 986 lumens, they ensure you’ll have no trouble seeing everything out there that needs to be seen.
- Steering Head and Front Forks: Whether it’s a big sweeping curve or a set of tight turns, getting through the corners just got better. The responsiveness is dialed in. Plus a steering damper controls feedback from the road. So when you're out with your bagger buddies, you'll stay right at the front of the pack.
- Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ Tires: The 180mm back tire is engineered to do more than fill out the rear fender and put a bigger patch of rubber on the road. Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ technology uses harder compounds at the center and softer on the sides for a tire that still knows how to knuckle down on corners. Perfect for making this bike agile on every curvy stretch of road. And the way it feels going through an abrupt off-camber turn will put a grin on your face that'll last to the next state line.
- All-New Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 Engine: At the heart of the Harley-Davidson® touring line this year, you find the most powerful, coolest-running engines we’ve ever built. The Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 V-Twin is smoother, stronger and durable. With crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counter-balanced and rubber mounted. Developed and proven over countless miles and millions of hours. Not a single mechanical part remains from the Twin Cam engine that preceded them. Today, it’s a whole new ride.
- Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 Engine Overview: Here are eight ways the new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine gives you a better ride: More Power- Bigger cylinders, four-valve cylinder heads and dual spark plugs deliver 10% more torque and more power throughout the rev range with no net weight gain; Better Fuel Economy- The power comes with improved fuel economy to give you more out of every tank of gas; Heat Management- Precision oil or water cooling for cooler running and consistent performance, from stop-and-go traffic to highway speeds; More Passenger Comfort- Positions for the rear exhaust pipe and catalytic converters provide a more comfortable ride; More Charging Power- A charging system with 50% more power at idle to make easy work of the demands modern touring features put on an electrical system; Smoother Running- The counter-balancing system, rubber mounts, lower idle speed and dual knock sensors for more precise timing control and smoother running from idle to top gear; Less Maintenance-The valve train requires no adjustment no matter how many years or miles you ride; Narrow Primary- The narrower primary drive gives your left foot a straighter, easier reach to the ground, for an easier lift off and more control at stoplights. (Compared to 2016 Touring models. Compared to 2016 models. Based on estimates from laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by EPA, not during on road riding. Actual mileage and fuel economy will vary depending on bike model and configuration, how you ride/maintain your bike, road conditions, and other factors.)
- All-New Front and Rear Suspension: We matched the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ engines in our touring line this year with a totally re-engineered dual bending valve front and rear suspension with easily-adjustable emulsion shocks. You get more comfort, more control and more confidence in your handling. The new rear shocks give you 15 to 30% more pre-load. They adjust with the turn of a single knob, no tools required. New, bigger pistons have more area than before for improved damping performance over the range of the suspension travel. This new fork technology improves the ride, especially over the harshest bumps, and reacts faster to keep the wheel planted for confident braking and handling.* *Compared to the 2016 Touring Model engines
- Reflex™ Linked Brembo® Brakes with ABS (Optional): No doubt about it, there are times when you need to haul things down in a hurry. And you don’t get to pick those times. Or decide whether or not they occur when you’re on a flat, smooth, dry, perfect stretch of pavement. That’s why you get the option to add Reflex™ Linked Brembo® Brakes with ABS. ABS turns a locked-up front wheel or a rear wheel skid into a relic from riding’s history. And the front and rear brakes are electronically linked to provide exactly the right amount of brake to each tire no matter what the road condition is. No matter how good you are, this will make you a better rider.
- Air-Adjustable Suspension: With air-adjustable suspension that comes standard, you can dial in your ride to accommodate heavier or lighter payloads, battle unexpected road conditions or simply set it to how you like to roll. The lighter the load, the softer you can go by decreasing the air pressure a bit, or increase the air pressure for a more firm ride. A convenient air valve is located between the saddlebag and rear fender for quick adjusting. It's all about rider and passenger comfort and setting your bike to fit your taste—the easy way.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. And the Isolated Drive System makes acceleration flow in a smooth, steady stream from your wrist right down to the pavement. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Two-Up Road King® Seat: A classic feature revamped for contemporary looks and performance—without sacrificing an ounce of nostalgic style. Sculpted with a deep bucket and narrow neck, this ultimate Touring saddle relieves pressure on your thighs while providing more back support and comfort for a wide variety of rider sizes. And the lower seat height—26.5 inches to be exact—puts your feet closer to the road to enhance your confidence. Additionally, the leather trim and premium stitching accentuate the advanced ergonomics while giving the seat that sharp detail you only find on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. It's science in service of comfort, and your way to beat fatigue over the long haul.
- Full-Length Footboards & Toe/Heel Gear Shifts: Your boots were made for riding—any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a time-tested, tried-and-true design and rubber isolation for a comfortable ride, while the height-adjustable passenger boards add another level of customizable comfort for your riding partner. And for shifting gears, you can use either the traditional toe-shift or the even easier, more convenient heel-shift. It might take a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth shifting rhythm, you'll never give it up.
- One-Touch Design Philosophy: Here’s the rule we laid down for every compartment cover and saddlebag lid on our touring line: if it doesn’t open with the single touch of a button or one hand, while wearing gloves, it doesn’t go on the motorcycle. Because in all our conversations with riders, we've never encountered a single individual who wanted to have to put something on the ground before he could store it in a saddlebag.
- Saddlebag Design: Don’t let the sleek look of these saddlebags deceive you. The look is tight on the outside, but things are roomy on the inside. You want storage and these deliver bigger than ever. The hinges are simple and clean and the lids open with one touch of one hand. The lock is tight and integrated into the latch where you can put the key in without the danger of scratching your premium paint. Welcome to the next level of the bagger.
- Wide Set Handlebar: Style and maximum comfort. That's the perfect balance of the wide set handlebars that come standard on the Road King® model. They're designed to keep you comfortably propped in a commanding position while making sure your neck muscles stay calm and relaxed mile after mile, state after state. Durable stainless steel ensures the structural rigidity you expect from a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle with the deep, lustrous finish you desire.
- Reduced Width Primary Housing and Derby cover: Getting both feet flat on the ground gets easy on the Road King® motorcycle. We reduced the width of the primary housing and derby cover to give your left leg a straighter shot to the pavement. It might seem like a little detail, but it's the little details that make the difference between any motorcycle and the one that's perfect for you to ride.
- H-D™ Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- H-D® Detachables™ Windshield: Go from touring to cruising in a heartbeat. Remove the screen for a clean, cool cruising style, or re-attach it in seconds for a clean envelope of air over the long haul. The windshield is as tough as they come—durable, scratch resistant, low maintenance. And whether you choose to have it on off, your Road King® motorcycle rules with a nostalgic style and versatility you can make your own.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: You can identify the all-new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine from 25 feet away. The racing scoop style of the air cleaner is all it takes to see that this is the new Harley-Davidson power plant. But when you look a little closer, you’ll notice that the things that are good about the authentic, air-cooled look of the Harley-Davidson® V-Twin are alive and well. It’s a jewel machined out of metal, head-heavy and narrow at the waist. Finned cylinders, of course. Pure. Dripping with power. The engine is the visual center piece of the bike. This one makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what’s right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Tank And Fender Badges: This isn’t just a motorcycle. It’s a work of art, born out of passion, creativity and long days, late nights and refusing to be satisfied until every detail was perfect. When we added the signature, we did it with metal. Nothing else would be right on this masterpiece.
- Classic Fuel Tank: Part of the unmistakable style of the Harley-Davidson® Road King® motorcycle is plenty of room for showing off your paint. This classically styled, bold six-gallon fuel tank doesn't just give you a bigger canvas for premium or custom paint; it holds six gallons of go so you can eat up a lot more road between pit stops. A dual-color paint scheme and unique Harley-Davidson waterslide graphics give this bike a truly one-of-a-kind look.
- Tank Mounted Gauges: Modern graphics and wider numbers give the Road King® motorcycle's gauges an easy-reading modern look. There's also an RPM read out and a gear indicator in the odometer display area. One quick glance tells you everything you need to know.
- Classic Hiawatha Headlamp: Big and commanding, this headlamp hearkens back to the Big Twins of the '60s. You get nothing less than the latest in materials and technology. Clear-lens reflector optics provide a longer distance high beam and wider low beam. It's a bright, striking daytime lamp that blasts a little further into the night. There's just no beating the classic lines of that sweeping headlight nacelle.
- Impeller® Cast Aluminum Wheel: Sitting out front on the Road King® model, you’ll notice a 17-inch cast aluminum, 10-spoke Impeller wheel. In the back you’ve got a 16-inch Impeller to match. The brake rotors are designed to show off more of the premium custom look of the wheels. Because if you’re going to go this far, you might as well take it all the way.
- Low Mounted License Plate: We keep the back end clean and classy with a low mounted license plate that features little visible hardware. As an extra touch, we throw some LED lighting around the tag for crisp visibility and style—just enough to give your tail end a glow when you're riding through the night. This completes the classic, uncluttered look of the Road King® model.
- Length: 94.3 in. (2,394 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.3 in. (667 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28.2 in. (715 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.3 in. (135 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 26
- Trail: 6.7 in. (170 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: BW 130/80B17 65H
- Tires, Rear Specification: BW 180/65B16 81H
- Fuel Capacity: 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 5.2 qt. (4.9 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 791 lb. (359 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 826 lb. (375 kg)
- Luggage Capacity -Volume: 2.3 cu ft. (0.064 m3)
- Engine: Milwaukee-Eight™ 107
- Bore: 3.937 in. (100 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 107 cu in. (1,746 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.593
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.65
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.938
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.875
- Exhaust: Chrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Impeller Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Impeller Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 111.4 ft. lb. (151 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 32.1
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 45 mpg (5.2 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, running lights, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, battery, security system (optional), low fuel warning, cruise control, ABS (optional), Gear/ rpm display, miles to empty display
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design for improved tactile feel. Includes new trigger switch for odometer, trip A, trip B, clock, range to empty, tachometer, and gear indicator
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Milwaukee-Eight™ 107
- 107 cu in. (1,746 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.937 in. (100 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Rear Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Front Tire
- BW 130/80B17 65H
- Rear Tire
- BW 180/65B16 81H
- 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.3 in. (667 mm); Unladen: 28.2 in. (715 mm)
- 26 deg.
- 6.7 in. (170 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- 45 mpg (5.2 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 791 lb. (359 kg)
- 6 speed
- Vivid Black