Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Harley-Davidson® ROAD GLIDE ULTRA
ROAD GLIDE ULTRA
New for 2016, this one will roll out of the factory doors and never stop until it catches the horizon. Experience world-class aero comfort and BOOM!™ Box 6.5 GT Audio in our new ultimate mile-eater.
- A ride that could make a continent feel too small: If your dream is to go big, this could be the one for you. The Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle combines the most wind-cheating fairing ever devised with the full complement of Harley-Davidson Project RUSHMORE touring features. You get a Tour-Pak® luggage carrier and saddlebags that open with one hand. The top of the line Project RUSHMORE infotainment system. A Twin Cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine. And mind-blowingly comfortable ride for your passenger. All built around the aggressive look of the Road Glide. Call the house sitter.
- Control: Project RUSHMORE started out as a way to re-think the venerable Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle from fender tip to fender tip. It’s turned into a never-ending quest. Each year the going just gets better for the rider who points one of our bikes down the highway. As you might guess, a big part of the effort has gone into finding ways to help riders pass faster, stop quicker, take curves tighter and see further at night. Here are a few of the ways Project RUSHMORE is currently adding the control you feel in the saddle: Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS, Daymaker™ LED headlamps and fog lamps, brighter Tour-Pak® luggage carrier lighting, brighter turn signals, brighter brake lights, and a steering head with stiffer front forks. The bikes are better then ever. Project RUSHMORE control. An invitation to see how good you can be, written in Milwaukee steel.
- Infotainment: When we go to work on the infotainment system for a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle we follow one simple principle. If you’re going to live in the saddle of a top-end touring bike, you deserve better sound than most people have in their living rooms. More sound. Purer sound. Big, full-color touch screens. Switches that are located where you intuitively want them to be and can reach without removing your hands from the grips. Voice activation for your music, phone and GPS. Think of it this way. Back in the day there was nothing wrong with the sound of Johnny crackling out of a dashboard Philco. But what the latest Project RUSHMORE infotainment systems do for your ears, and eyes, is infinitely better.
- Feel: Starting with the days when early riders bolted plastic windshields to their machines and began crisscrossing the country, the Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle has already gone places no one could have imagined. We began Project RUSHMORE to discover what comes next. When it came to rider comfort, that meant getting in the saddle and putting in miles. Thousands of miles, over every sort of pavement the road could throw at us. Experiencing every sort of condition Mother Nature could throw at us. We used the info to dial in airflow, passenger space, back rests, seat textures, legroom and hand controls and anything else rider and passenger feel out there. Then hit the road to test and re-test it all over again. That’s how we can say with confidence we’re building the most comfortable machines on the road. Ride one. You’ll say the same thing.
- Style: With a name like Project RUSHMORE, you know we were aiming high when we set out to rethink what riders experience on our Touring machines. These weren’t just motorcycles. They’re part of the American landscape. So we set about perfecting the way they work, feel and look the only way we could. By riding. Millions of miles. Countless hours. More grueling road tests than any sane person would ever want to endure. We discovered the technology and the innovations to make the ride better. And through it all we never took our eyes of the style of the machine. Give your eyes a slow ride from fender tip to fender tip You see classic Harley-Davidson style and a sleek modern look come through at the same time. Clean. Tight. Modern. As up-to-date as the weather report blasting out the infotainment system. As timeless as the road is endless.
- Project RUSHMORE - Control: Here are some of the innovations Project RUSHMORE led to: the Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS, the Daymaker™ LED headlamps, brighter brake lights, and a steering head with stiffer front forks. Locked-up tires are now history even when there’s wet pavement. We’ve made it feel even better to lean your way through a turn. Now you can see better. And we’ve made you more conspicuous to the cage-driving public. Because one thing we all agree on is this: bikes that work better make riders who ride better. Take a ride. See how good you can be.
- Air-Adjustable Suspension: With air-adjustable suspension that comes standard, you can dial in your ride to accommodate heavier or lighter payloads, battle unexpected road conditions or simply set it to how you like to roll. The lighter the load, the softer you can go by decreasing the air pressure a bit, or increase the air pressure for a more firm ride. A convenient air valve is located between the saddlebag and rear fender for quick adjusting. It's all about rider and passenger comfort and setting your bike to fit your tastes the easy way.
- Brembo® Brakes: Confidence. Control. High-performance dual disc Brembo® brakes offer consistent stopping power at all speeds. The 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system is state of the art and top of the line. It's just another way The Motor Company puts a high level of detail into their bikes to give you peace of mind throughout your journey.
- H-D Smart Security System with Hands-Free Fob: The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycle unique.
- Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS: No doubt about it, there are times when you need to haul things down in a hurry. And you don’t get to pick those times. Or decide whether or not they occur when you’re on a flat, smooth, dry, perfect stretch of pavement. That’s why our touring models feature the Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS. ABS turns a locked-up front wheel or a rear wheel skid into a relic from riding’s history. And the front and rear brakes are electronically linked to provide exactly the right amount of brake to each tire no matter what the road condition is. No matter how good you are, this will make you a better rider.
- Steering Head and Front Forks: Whether it's a big sweeping curve or a set of tight turns, a Project RUSHMORE motorcycle feels rock-solid in the corners. We stiffened up the front end, increased the fork diameter to 49mm (an increase of 18 percent) and retuned the damping for a smoother ride. The responsiveness is dialed in.
- Twin-Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: If you started in 1909 with the very first Harley-Davidson® V-Twin engine and worked your way up through every engine, every innovation, every improvement, every ride, every durability test in all those years and countless miles since, you arrive at the Twi-n Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine. This is the top of the line. 103 cubic inches of air and precision cooled Harley-Davidson® V-twin engine power. Twin cooling cools the heads around the exhaust ports to deliver at or near peak performance under all operating conditions and temperatures. A higher compression ratio increases efficiency and horsepower. The airbox delivers increased airflow and the cam optimizes low-end torque. It's got the fastest 60 to 80 mph 5th gear roll on in the history of Harley-Davidson. Which means it's got the most passing power in the history of Harley-Davidson.
- Dunlop Multi-Tread Blackwall Tires: The 180mm back tire does more than fill out the rear fender and put a bigger patch of rubber on the road. Dunlop® Multi-Tread™ technology uses harder compounds at the center and softer on the sides for a tire that still knows how to knuckle down on corners. Perfect for making this bike agile on every curvy stretch of road. And the way it feels going through an abrupt off-camber turn will put a grin on your face that'll last to the next state line.
- Ergonomically Designed Hand Controls: It's hard to enjoy the ride or keep your eyes focused on what's coming down the road when you're fussing and bothering with the switches on your handlebar. So when we built the Project RUSHMORE motorcycles, we worked over the hand controls on our touring bikes with as much passion as we worked over our engine. We made the shape more ergonomic and located and angled them to fall right under your thumbs. We added left-hand cruise for easy activation, toggle switches to control infotainment functions, and an easily locatable trigger switch to control and scan through functional readouts. And we improved the feel to give you a confidence-inspiring click at every push of a button. Even the dash panel switch got better. And it's all prewired for parts and accessories, which even lets you customize with less fuss and bother.
- New Dual Daymaker Reflector LED Headlamps: With 2,136 powerful, daylight-simulating lumens that bathe the dark road in natural light, a shoulder-to-shoulder spread of 160 feet and a 450-foot punch, the night is yours to take with full confidence. Because not all of us look for an exit when day turns to night.
- Project RUSHMORE - Engine: As every rider knows, the engine is at the heart of the experience of riding a motorcycle. The amount of torque and horsepower it delivers over the RPM range is in direct proportion to the feeling it gives you when you roll on the throttle. We know what riders want from a motorcycle engine because we've been building them for 110 years. Project RUSHMORE gave us the opportunity to dial it in just right. We conducted thousands of road tests with real riders giving us feedback to build the next iteration of the legendary Harley-Davidson® engine. The consensus was: We want more. More low-end torque, more passing power, more perfection in the tone of the exhaust note, more of the feeling we ride a motorcycle for. Then we went to work to deliver it. This is the next level of Harley-Davidson® V-Twin engine. And it proves, once and for all, the customer is always right.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles, not begs for mercy when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. And the Isolated Drive System makes acceleration flow in a smooth, steady stream from your wrist right down to the pavement. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin-Cooled™ Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- 6.5-inch Full Color Touch Screen Display: This 6.5-inch full-color touch screen puts all your information in front of you bigger than ever. Modern graphics, colors you can dial in, and auto and manual dim. Designed to sit stylishly inside your fairing, it takes screen technology to an eye-popping level of Harley-Davidson functionality. This is more than you expect, but when you're going all the way, it's everything you deserve.
- Boom! Box 6.5GT Radio: Let's start with this. The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT Radio puts out 75 watts per channel at 1% distortion and features a factory-tuned, optimized equalizer that pumps out more power and can be played louder while maintaining the clarity of your sound. And the speed tuning system delivers more than just volume changes at different speeds. It changes the level of bass and treble to dial in the best sound, whether you're running at a stately pace down the strip or going hell for leather down an open stretch of road. How do you like the sound of a Harley® motorcycle?
- Jukebox with USB Port for iPod/iPhone: The Jukebox opens with one touch of a button and includes a USB connection which accepts your iPhone, iTouch, non-iPod imitators, and SD card and other USB compatible devices. Pop it open, plug in and your device becomes a part of your motorcycle. Ready to be operated by voice command or hand controls.
- Hands-Free Infotainment: The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT gives you voice recognition for hands-free operation of your mobile phone, navigation system and music. Whatever you want, just say the word. Whether it’s directions to the next gas station or a song that fits the stretch of road you’re on, it’ll be served up without missing a beat. It’s also Bluetooth capable. So you can connect your phone to the head unit for a call back to the office you’re not at today.
- Project RUSHMORE - Comfort: We dialed in the comfort of our machines the hard way: over thousands of miles in all kinds of riding conditions on every kind of street, road and highway ever laid down in pavement. Experienced riders and passengers putting in long hours in the saddle and giving us feedback on every aspect that contributes to comfort on the road. Airflow, heat management, passenger space, back rests, seat textures, legroom and hand controls all went under the hard microscope of the road and got tested and re-tested by real riders and worked and re-worked by us until we were satisfied we had built the most comfortable machines on the road. We all want to go farther, and when you and your passenger are more comfortable in the saddle, you can.
- Back and Arm Rests: If you really want to know what makes a passenger comfortable, you start by asking people who’ve seen a good part of the world from the back of a bike. You run thousands of miles of road tests in heat, cold, sun, and rain. You use their input to perfect the height, the width, the shape, the contour, the texture of the leather, the lumbar support. You install controls that can be easily reached and operated with one hand. What you end up with is the back and arm rests you’re looking at right here. Passengers love them like they’re their own babies, because in a manner of speaking, they are.
- Fairing Lowers: There’s no such thing as a minor irritation when you’re going to be experiencing it for tens of thousands of miles. The little things make a difference. Like the way the wind comes around your fairing lowers. We’ve got the fairing lowers dialed in just right, thanks to more wind tunnel and real world riding tests than we’ve ever done before. They’re also vented so you can let some air through when the road gets hot. You’ll appreciate them more with each passing mile.
- Increased Passenger Seat Space and Leg Room: Here's a message for all passengers: your time in the saddle has never been better. That goes quadruple when you’re 1,000 miles into the ride of a lifetime making the final leg of the day to get to the hot tub so you can relax for the evening. Because the longer the ride, the more you'll appreciate the improvements we made when we introduced the Project RUSHMORE motorcycles. The passenger pillion is one inch wider and one inch longer. And we put 2 more inches of room between the speakers. We moved the saddlebag guards down for more legroom and to make sure they don’t rub your calves. It all adds up to a ride that provides best-in-class comfort.
- New Fairing Design Reduces Head Buffeting: Over the years, riders of the Road Glide® family have put in more miles behind this fairing than you could count with a supercomputer. The fatigue-reducing fixed frame design has been the choice of those who live to ride the big miles. It was good, but now it gets amazing. We went into the wind tunnel and out on the road to build the next Road Glide® style fairing. When you experience what we came back with, you're simply not going to believe the ride. No fairing in the history of motorcycling has ever cut through the wind like this one does. It's got triple splitstream vents that open and close to equalize pressure in front and behind the windscreen. In head-buffeting tests, it beats every other motorcycle on the road. Hands down. You've never experienced a ride like this. And that's what Project RUSHMORE
- One-Touch Design Philosophy: Here's the rule we laid down for every compartment cover and saddlebag lid on our touring line: if it doesn't open with the single touch of a button or one hand, while wearing gloves, it doesn't go on the motorcycle. Because in all our conversations with riders, we've never encountered a single individual who wanted to have to put something on the ground before he could store it in a saddlebag.
- One-Touch Fuel Door: One button, one touch, fuel door open. Any questions?
- Tour-Pak® Luggage Carrier Design: Like the saddlebags, the Tour-Pak® luggage carrier design sports a sleek look, but it didn't come at the expense of storage space. They can easily accommodate two full-face helmets. There's a document and toolkit pouch. The lock is integrated into the latch to keep your key away from your premium paint. And premium hinges work better and look sharper. You can operate the single latch with one hand. Storage. Check. We have it covered.
- Two-Up Touring Saddle: A classic feature revamped for contemporary looks and performance—without sacrificing an ounce of nostalgic style. Sculpted with a deep bucket and narrow neck, this ultimate Touring saddle relieves pressure on your thighs while providing more back support and comfort for a wide variety of rider sizes. The leather trim and premium stitching accentuate the advanced ergonomics while giving the seat that sharp detail you only find on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. It's science in service of comfort, and your way to beat fatigue over the long haul.
- Full-Length Footboards & Toe/Heel Gear Shifts: Your boots were made for riding—any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a time-tested, tried-and-true design and rubber isolation for a comfortable ride, while the height-adjustable passenger boards add another level of customizable comfort for your riding partner. And for shifting gears, you can use either the traditional toe-shift or the even easier, more convenient heel-shift. It might take a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth shifting rhythm, you'll never give it up.
- Project RUSHMORE - Convenience: If you want the ride to be truly epic, you have to sweat bullets to make the little things work exactly right. This is what Project RUSHMORE was all about. Now you have saddlebags and Tour-Pak® luggage carriers that can be easily opened with one hand. Compartments that open with one touch. And we've increased the storage space on these machines without ruining the sleek, road-eating look of the bike. It all adds up to hundreds of little moments where things just click conveniently into place. Because there can be no imperfections in the quest for the perfect ride.
- Standard Cruise Control: Installing cruise control is standard operating procedure on the touring models because riding long stretches of unbroken highway is standard operating procedure among touring riders. Electronic throttle control means no cable cluttering up your handlebar. And the switches are placed where you can easily dial in your speed with your left thumb, give the wrist a break, and keep hauling on down the road.
- Project RUSHMORE - Style: Project RUSHMORE is the journey we set out on to take our touring motorcycles to places never imagined before to turn all the possibilities for what a motorcycle can be now into true Milwaukee steel. We did it our way, as we've always done. As riders. Riding with other riders. Thousand of hours, countless road tests, millions of miles. Looking for the technology and innovations that truly make the ride better. We went over the bike fender tip to fender tip. Making it work better. Making it look sleeker. Modern. Clean. Tight. Let your eye take the journey over the machine. This is classic Harley-Davidson style and a sleek, modern look at the exact same time. At Harley-Davidson, form has always followed function. And both have always reported to emotion. Now we're just doing it on a completely different level.
- New 13.5 inch custom windshield: The Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle puts thirteen and a half inches of custom style between you and the world's flying insect population.
- Restyled Fairing, Saddlebags, Tour-Pak and Fender: The Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle is the choice for die-hard road warriors all over the world for its distinctive, menacing, mile-hungry look. With Project RUSHMORE, we're turning the dial up to 11. We streamlined the outer fairing and gave it a more narrow profile and a more modern, aggressive style. We put new, clean trim on the windshield. We cut back the front fender to show off more of the wheel. And we restyled the saddlebags and Tour-Pak® luggage carrier for a sleek, modern look (without sacrificing luggage space). The end result is a new take on the time-honored art of badass, road-eating motorcycle design. The Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle rider wouldn't have it any other way.
- Classic Fuel Tank: Part of the unmistakable style of the Harley-Davidson® Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle is plenty of room for showing off your paint. This classically styled, bold six-gallon fuel tank doesn't just give you a bigger canvas for premium or custom paint; it holds six gallons of go so you can eat up a lot more road between pit stops. We know fuel economy is important but so is style. A dual-color paint scheme, crisp pinstripes that run the length of the bike and special Harley-Davidson® tank medallions give this ride a one-of-a-kind look.
- Combination rear stop/turn/tail lights: The last thing people see when you go by on the Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle is the clean, custom look of combination rear stop/turn/tail lights. You never get a second chance to make a last impression.
- Impeller Cast Aluminum wheels: Sitting out front on the Road Glide® Ultra motorcycle you'll notice a 17-inch cast aluminum, 10-spoke Impeller wheel. In the back you've got a 16-inch Impeller to match. The brake rotors are designed to show off more of the premium custom look of the wheels. Because if you're going to go this far, you might as well take it all the way.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Tank and Fender Badges: This isn't just a motorcycle. It's a work of art, born out of passion, creativity and long days, late nights and refusing to be satisfied until every detail was perfect. When we added the signature, we did it with metal. Nothing else would be right on this masterpiece.
- Length: 102.2 in. (2,595 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 28.4 in. (699 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 29.7 in. (755 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 26
- Trail: 6.7 in. (170 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: BW 130/80B17 65H
- Tires, Rear Specification: BW 180/65B16 81H
- Fuel Capacity: 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 4 qt. (3.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 881 lb. (400 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 916 lb. (415 kg)
- Luggage Capacity -Volume: 4.7 cu ft (0.132 m3)
- Engine: Twin-Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.875 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.593
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.65
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.938
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.875
- Exhaust: Chrome dual exhaust with 4 in. touring mufflers and touring muffler shields
- Wheels, Front Type: Impeller Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Impeller Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 105.5 ft-lb (143 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31.8
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, running lights, turn signals, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system, 6-speed, low fuel warning, ABS.
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu in (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.875 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed
- Front Tire
- BW 130/80B17 65H
- Rear Tire
- BW 180/65B16 81H
- 64 in. (1,625 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 28.4 in. (699 mm); Unladen: 29.7 in. (755 mm)
- 26 deg.
- 6.7 in. (170 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 881 lb. (400 kg)
- Mysterious Red Sunglo/Velocity Red Sunglo, Billet Silver/Vivid Black