Inventory Unit Detail
2013 Harley-Davidson® BLACKLINE
Long. Low. No BS. This Dark Custom leader is a minimalist throwback icon for today's freedom seekers.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™; engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution®, Twin Cam 88®; and Twin Cam 96™ engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909, and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Grey powder coated heads and black powder-coated cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and black rocker covers and an old school round air cleaner cover for a tough vintage Harley-Davidson attitude. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive®: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of the Twin Cam 103™. The air cooled Twin Cam 103™ Harley Davidson® engine delivers more stump pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): When it comes to the Blackline® motorcycle with optional ABS, 'stopping power' has a double meaning. We've kept most of its ABS components tastefully hidden, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. More importantly, though, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Artfully Hidden Technology: Harley-Davidson leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike—the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive Controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- Dunlop® Tires: Whether you're crossing state lines or staying within city limits, you want sure contact with the road. The front end holds a premium touring tire with a three-ply polyester casing and two fiberglass belts. The back cruiser tire has an advanced tread pattern. Made from a specifically formulated compound, it delivers outstanding grip in wet or dry weather. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Tuned to Be Ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability—it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the Blackline® motorcycle, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that keeps it as real as you do.
- Low Two-Up Seat: Slung low at 24 inches from the road, the two-up custom seat slams you deep in the saddle of a machine that's easy to maneuver and keeps your feet close to the ground. And it's done without sacrificing the aggressive profile riding position you want in a long custom bike.
- Aggressive Riding Position: Right out of the gate, the Blackline® motorcycle puts you in position to look and feel confident in the saddle. With split drag bars, forward foot controls and a low-slung seat, you sit in an aggressive riding position that makes navigating the streets a cinch. Plus, you're sure to steal the glance of envious onlookers everywhere you roll.
- Engine Idle Temperature Management Strategy: Our motorcycles are built to be ridden. A lot. So that means that rider comfort is top of mind. Always. With the Engine Idle Temperature Management Strategy (EITMS) feature, the motorcycle automatically cuts fuel and fire from the rear cylinder when idling, which helps reduce engine heat felt by rider and passenger. This feature can easily be turned on by your dealer.
- Seat Engineering and Design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 93 in. (2,362 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 24 in. (610 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.1 in. (663 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 5.25 in. (133 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30
- Trail: 4.8 in. (123 mm)
- Wheelbase: 66.5 in. (1,689 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: MH90-21 54H
- Tires, Rear Specification: MU85B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3.5 qt. (3.3 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 648 lb. (294 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 675 lb. (306 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™
- Bore: 3.875 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.38 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, over/under shotgun exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black Anodized, Profile Laced Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black Anodized, Profile Laced Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 98.7 ft-lb (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 24.4
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 25.9
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Triple clamp-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, engine diagnostics readout, low fuel warning light and mileage countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator, 6-speed indicator, ABS indicator (optional), LED indicator lights
- Minimalist Long Custom Styling: The Blackline® motorcycle's clean look, simplified profile, and defiant attitude embrace the pure essence of riding. The minimal tank graphics, split drag bars and narrow back end allow the Twin Cam 103 V-Twin engine and fuel tank to steal the show. The Blackline® model is a modern metal machine built for freedom seekers who just want to get on and go.
- Split Drag™ Handlebar with Slammed Speedo: The split drag style handlebar with slammed speedo bolted right to the triple clamp adds to the minimalist, low profile appearance of the Blackline® motorcycle. Inspired by the way hot rodders and custom pioneers used to slam their rides, the drag style handlebar is an old school garage feature that demands a forward, aggressive riding position.
- Stripped Down Back End: In the back, the Blackline® motorcycle is clean and simple, keeping in line with the bike's overall modern minimalist attitude. The 144mm rear tire looks sinister tucked under a chopped, black fender and wrapped around a gloss black smoothie rim. Integrated stop-turn-tail lights add to the bare-bones look while giving you a touch of modern style and technology.
- Black Smoothie Rims: Raw, gritty and no-nonsense— the Blackline® motorcycle features black laced wheels with a large 21-inch wheel up front for a quintessential long custom look. In back, the gloss black smoothie rim is wrapped with a 144mm rear tire, creating a narrow profile for a contemporary style.
- Hidden Rear Shocks: If you want a comfortable ride but love that rigid-suspension look, you've found the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong—below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature Harley-Davidson rigid look that you won't find with most other bikes.
- Premium Paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand Finished Fuel Tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand—that's what makes them stand out. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle—so we make it worth their time.
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Twin Cam 103B™
- 103 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.875 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.38 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- MH90-21 54H
- Rear Tire
- MU85B16 77H
- 66.5 in. (1,689 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 24 in. (610 mm); Unladen: 26.1 in. (663 mm)
- 30 deg.
- 4.8 in. (123 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 42 mpg
- Dry Weight
- 648 lb. (294 kg)
- Vivid Black